For 10 days 117 restaurants from all around the Green Mountain State will offer special fixed-price dinners. There are three set price points — $20, $30 or $40 per person. Some locations will offer lunch and breakfast specials well. The diversity in cuisine and participating restaurants makes it easy for all diners to find something to whet their appetite. A full menu guide is found at vermontrestaurantweek.com.
Vermont Restaurant Week is also a benefit for the Vermont Foodbank. In 2016, the event, along with a matching grant from the Vermont Community Foundation and City Market’s Rally for Change program, raised $20,000, providing 60,000 meals for needy Vermonters.
This year’s events include:
- Aperitivo: social hour for Vermont foodies featuring light bites, spirited cocktails and the makers of Switchback Brewing, WhistlePig Whiskey and Vermont Creamery. Thursday, April 20, 5:30-7 p.m., Maglianero, Burlington, $7.
- Feeding Frenzy: A statewide Instagram scavenger hunt. Winners receive tickets to the Vermont Cheesemakers Festival and the Seven Daysies Awards Party. April 21-30.
- Culinary Trivia Night: Food in the Age of Advertising: Feed your brain with seven rounds of foodie trivia and wash it down with a pint of nostalgia. Each round represents a decade — 1950s until now. This popular event is emceed by Top Hat Entertainment. Monday, April 24, 6-9 p.m., Nectar’s, Burlington, free.
- The Dish: Going With the Grain: Join a panel of local experts for a lively and grain-ular discussion on the benefits and pitfalls of restoring grain production to the Northeast. Vermont grain farmers chat with bakers, distillers and brewers about what’s possible, practical and sustainable for the land and its people. Wednesday, April 26, 5:30-7 p.m., ArtsRiot, Burlington, $5 suggested donation.
- Bottomless Brunch Bash: Celebrate Sunday Fun-day at the Bottomless Brunch Bash! This curated tasting event brings your favorite chefs under one roof to serve up bite-size classics and inventive new creations. Come sip on mimosas, sample tasty treats and help us wrap up Vermont Restaurant Week with a bang! Sunday, April 30, 9-11 a.m. & noon-2 p.m., Essex Culinary Resort & Spa, Essex, $45 and $35.
For more information about events, participating restaurants and how you can give to the Vermont Foodbank visit vermontrestaurantweek.com.
Vermont Restaurant Week is presented by Vermont Federal Credit Union and sponsored by Vermont Creamery, Switchback Brewing Co, WhistlePig Whiskey, City Market/Onion River Co-op and Swish White River. Additional support is provided by Vermont Tourism, WNSC the Point and JumpOnIt!
More Lake Champlain News: