Vermont Scenic Drives
The Champlain Islands sit amidst Lake Champlain, America’s sixth-largest, freshwater lake. Passing five quaint towns, discover a rich history, friendly people and a vast array of recreation opportunities, such as hiking, biking, boating and fishing or just absorbing the captivating water views, wildlife and dazzling sunsets. A four season wonderland, spring and summer bring theater and musical performances to the parks and the fresh scents of farms and orchards.
Fall is renowned for its flamboyant display of color, and winter winds wisp across sun-glistened snow — and cross-country ski or snowshoe tracks. This spectacular region is just a short drive from the larger cities of Burlington, Plattsburgh, and Montreal. Our scenic drive travels US-2 from Colchester to Alburg, but can be done in either direction.
Sourced through Scoop.it from: www.myscenicdrives.com
- Carleton’s Prize – Lake Champlain Islands
- Signal Buoy Island – Lake Champlain Islands
- Lake Champlain Islands Management Complex (LCIMC) – Lake Champlain Islands
- Biologists Working to Save Lake Champlain’s Young Island
- Lake Champlain’s Burton Island State Park Named in Top 10 New England Parks
- Champlain Islands | Vermont Scenic Drives
- Making the Lake Champlain Islands a Biking Destination – video
- Island camping on Lake Champlain. Summer is amazing