In the Lake Champlain Books section of Lake Champlain Life we feature a variety of books that deal with the people, history, science and natural beauty of Lake Champlain.
All order processing and fulfillment is handled by Amazon.com, so you can shop knowing that your order will be processed safely and securely by the world’s most trusted online retailer.
Visit us on Pinterest at: Pinterest.com/mylakechamplain/lake-champlain-books/
“Here a scene of indescribable sublimity burst upon us. Before us lay the waters of Lake Champlain, a sheet of unruffled glass, stretching some ninety miles to the south, widening and straitening as rocks and cliffs projected in the most fantastic shapes into the channel. On each side is a thick and uninhabited wilderness, now rising up into mountains, now falling into glens, while a noble background is presented toward the east by the Green Mountains, whose summits appear even to pierce the clouds. On the west mountains still more gigantic in loftiness, pride and dignity. I cannot by any powers of language do justice to such a scene.”
R.G. Gleig, a member of Gen. Fraser’s staff, June 1777
( at his first view of Lake Champlain )
Articles Featuring Lake Champlain Books:
- The Weight of Vengeance: The United States, the British Empire and the War of 1812
- Benedict Arnold: Patriot and Traitor
- Conquered Into Liberty – Book Review
- A Kayaker’s Guide to Lake Champlain: Exploring the New York, Vermont & Quebec Shores- (Book Review)
- Lake Champlain Bike Tours – ’25 Bicycle Tours in the Lake Champlain Region: Scenic Tours in Vermont, New York, and Quebec’- (Book Review)
on Twitter at Twitter/MyLakeChamplain
on Pinterest at Pinterest/MyLakeChamplain