Last month the Magic Hat Brewing Company introduced Wee Heavy Champ, a special beer brewed to commemorate Lake Champlain and promoting the Lake Champlain Committee’s work toward cleaner water.
Magic Hat donated $5,000 to the LCC and will pledged to further assist with LCC’s many volunteer efforts throughout the year.
Wee Heavy Champ is a scotch ale almost as dark as the depths of Lake Champlain. It has a rich, robust yet smooth malt character that rises to the surface with notes of caramel, chocolate and wheat.
This makes good corporate sense, because you need clean water to make great beer.
The limited edition ale will be available through April.
More Lake Champlain News:
- Vermont Fish & Wildlife Upgrading Fishing Access Areas
- Two fish certified as new Vermont state records
- Fishing Access Areas Are Not Safe for Swimming
- Reel Fun Fishing Program Expands at Vermont State Parks
- Melosira: Educational Boat Trips Teach Public About Lake Champlain